26 Jun 2021
FAITH - FELLOWSHIP - FRIENDSHIP
Our Closing Service Begins…
Sunday - June 27, 2021
10:00 AM CST
What is your dream for the ACW?
What does ACW mean to you?
What do you see as the future of the ACW?
Written by John Fawcett
Blest be the tie that binds, our hearts in Christian love
The fellowship of kindred minds, is like that from above
Before our father’s throne, we pour our ardent prayers
Our fears, our hopes, our alms are one, our comfort and our cares
We share our mutual woes, our mutual burdens bear
And often for each other flows, the sympathizing tear
When we asunder part, It gives us inward pain
But we shall still be join in heart, and hope to meet again
First Lesson (synod reading) Psalm 1--Page 345 BCP
Special Word from Archbishop Erbelding)
Holy Gospel… (synod reading)
St. John.10--Page 538 BCP
Sermon… Bishop (Chancellor ) Edwin Tompkins
Special Word… Bishop-elect Felix Nzeyimana
Receive new churches from Kenya. Bahamas and St Vincent.
Reaffirm our parishes in Australia and New Zealand
Looking to the Future...
The Patriarch or the Presiding Bishop should issue an encyclical letter every year seeking to inspire the UNITY of the ACW clergy and laity.
2. A strategy of ordination should be planned to ensure that there is always someone to back up clergy to ensure continuity in the parishes. Lay leaders could be an alternative where necessary.
3. A yearly ACW calendar should be provided with special dates added for important commemorations, etc. This can be electronically produced and include photos of clergy and churches, etc.
4. A monthly message should be issued from the Presiding Bishop or someone to whom he delegates the task which relates uplifting stories from parishes around the ACW submitted by clergy and laity.
5. Special remembrance days should be announced and made the focus of special offerings in all the ACW churches as well as special commemorative services. I think of the Founders among others.
6. Special groups should be activated to facilitate communication among ACW clergy and laity regarding such topics as below. A team leader would be responsible to "keep the ball rolling" with a backup leader appointed as soon as possible for continuity's sake. Regular reporting to the Presiding Bishop or his alternative should be required.
a. Healing: let's have a list of those needing special prayers across the ACW!
b. Pastor learning and experience sharing. What problems do we have in common? What solutions?
c. Roles for women. They are the pillars of the churches--how can they be further empowered?
d. Children's growth. Children are in crisis--what should we do?
Make your pledge for a synod offering
Hello From All
Archbishop Closing Message
Synod 2021 is Now Adjourned